Breast Cancer is the most common cancer and is the leading cause of deaths due to cancer in the world. The quality of breast healthcare delivery and the ultimate clinical outcome for patients with breast cancer are directly related to the quality of breast pathology practices within the healthcare system.
Every woman should know the symptoms and signs of breast cancer, and at any time, if an abnormality is discovered, it should be investigated by a healthcare professional. It could be recognized by subsequent symptoms.
- A change in the skin texture or an enlargement of pores in the skin of the breast
- A lump in the breast
- Mysterious swelling or shrinkage of the breast (especially if on one side only)
- Nipple tenderness or a lump or thickening in or near the breast or underarm area
- Recent asymmetry of the breasts (Although it is common for women to have one breast that is slightly larger than the other, if the onset of irregularity is recent, it should be checked.)
- Nipple that is turned slightly inward or inverted
- Skin of the breast, areola, or nipple that becomes scaly, red, or swollen or may have ridges or pitting resembling the skin of an orange
- It is also important to note that a milky discharge that is present when a woman is not breastfeeding should be checked by her doctor, although it is not linked with breast cancer.
Facilities Offered Specialized Breast Imaging An exceptionally proficient staff in breast imaging is available to report mammograms, ultrasounds and Breast MRI. The subsequent imaging services are offered at the centre for screening and symptomatic patients
- Digital Mammography
- 8 channel coil 1.5 tesla dedicated breast MRI scan
- 4 D ultrasound with elastography
- Image guided fine needle aspiration and core biopsy
- Stereotactic localization
- 64 Slice CT
- PET-CT Scanner
Full Pathology Services including analysis of frozen sections along with all tumor markers gene profiling of breast cancers. Breast Surgery
- Qualified and certified Breast Surgeons dedicated to provide the vital standard of care.
- Amenities for Sentinel Node Biopsy, Nipple Sparing Mastectomies and Breast Oncoplastic Surgery.
- Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery—both immediate and delayed reconstruction with pedicled, free and tissue transfer flaps and grafts.
- Dedicated Multidisciplinary breast cancer joint treatment center with surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists.
- Committed breast oncology panel
- Specialized chemotherapy staff
- Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery-both immediate and delayed reconstruction with pedicled, free and tissue transfer flaps and grafts.
- Chemotherapy day unit
- Dedicated breast radiation oncology team
- Intra-operative radiotherapy implantation
- IGRT, IMRT and brachytherapy for breast cancer
In accumulation, we provide additional support services like breast care nurses along with Physiotherapy experts and rehabilitation professionals.